Vacancy: Digital Learning Expert (0.6 - 0.8 FTE)
Health[e]Foundation is a non-profit organization based in Amsterdam that envisions a world with quality care and information to achieve better health for all. With digital education and information, we strive to support health professionals and community workers in the world’s most vulnerable societies to ensure quality health for everyone in need. We are committed to establishing sustainable methods of health education for healthcare workers and information sharing to communities by means of e- and m-health technology.
In parallel with our tailor-made Learning Management System, Health[e]Foundation recently expanded her digital solutions to the open-source platform Moodle. Moodle is used in combination with Articulate Rise resulting in a highly flexible learning environment and promoting the ownership and easy access to course materials for our partners and participants. Based on the first pilot results and user feedback, we are eager to scale up and improve our Moodle LMS and to continuously improve the experience of our learners. In this context, we are looking for a talented digital learning expert who supports Health[e]Foundation in her mission to successfully deliver and develop high-quality e-learning courses.
We are hiring
We are looking for someone to join our small passionate team, someone who prefers to work in a non-profit organization as a hands-on digital learning expert. We offer an all-round position at the intersection of IT and e-learning development/program implementation. Experience with e-conversion of curricula and LMS functionalities are required, experience with Moodle is a strong asset.
Are you a flexible and solution-based team player, creative, user sensitive and do you like to work at the center of digital technology, education, and project management? Are you interested in working in an international environment for a good cause? We offer a job in a dynamic organization that thrives on creativeness and freedom to take on problems and continuously improve our website and e-learning tools.
- Development, maintenance, and improvement of the Moodle LMS facilitating the learning journey
- Design and implementation of e-courses in Articulate Rise authoring tool
- Responsible for e-conversion within the curriculum development process (methodologically, didactically, technically); converting expert content into e-learning format following instructional design theories, practices, and methods
- Assisting in the administration of training
- Involved in creation of marketing and communication materials
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant functional areas (education, IT, or equivalent)
- Understand adult learning principles, methods, theories, concepts, and techniques with proven experience in creating e-learning courses using these principles
- Experience in LMS management required, experience with Moodle an asset
- Hands-on attitude and eagerness to learn new systems and tools
- Experience in design and implementation of e-learning content in specialized SCORM-compliant authoring tools is an asset
- Knowledge of image and video editing tools
- Experience with UI/UX
- Passionate to work in an NGO setting on global health-related topics
- Flexible yet organized (ad-hoc) problem-solving skills
- Possess a valid work permit for the Netherlands
- Language skills: full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English and/or Dutch
Please send inquiries or your CV accompanied by your motivational letter to Dr. Nadine Pakker, Managing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 February 2021.
Become a volunteer
Are you interested in contributing to our work with your expertise and experience? Are you interested in being part of an energetic team of professionals in the international healthcare field? You can do this by joining our team in a flexible manner: become a volunteer at Health[e]Foundation.
Due to current projects in Francophone countries in Africa, we are especially interested in native French speakers.
Please inquire about possibilities that may suit you via email@example.com.
Please keep an eye on this webpage, as well as our LinkedIn page, for future openings. We are always keen to meet energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our team. If you wish to be considered for future positions, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.