Course details / TB[e]Education
About this course
TB[e]Education was written to provide medical doctors and nurses with complete and up-to-date information on all aspects of the treatment and care of patients who are infected with Tuberculosis (TB). The course contains in-depth information about the epidemiology of TB; clinical management of TB and HIV; diagnosing and managing childhood TB; new drugs and vaccines; and other relevant topics.
Who is this course for?
The course was written for medical doctors and nurses.
What you will learn
The course contains 11 modules on Tuberculosis written by renowned experts.
After completing the TB[e]Education course, you should be able to:
- Understand and recognize drug-drug interactions relevant to the treatment of TB.
- Understand the interactions between HIV and TB.
- Recognize and diagnose TB.
- Manage patients co-infected with HIV and TB.
- Describe prevention methods, important side effects, drugs and identify patients at risk of multi drug resistant (MDR) TB and extremely drug resistant (XDR) TB.
- Understand the pathogenesis of pediatric TB; clinical manifestations of pediatric TB; diagnostic tools used in pediatric TB; and the impact of HIV in children who are infected with TB.
- Describe the diagnostic tools used in cases of pulmonary and extra pulmonary TB.
- Understand the necessity for new TB drugs and the drug development process.
- Describe four types of vaccines and the importance of developing a new TB vaccine.
What you get
Join the course and you will receive:
- A personal account to access the e-learning platform
- Lifelong access to the course
- Modules written by renowned experts
- Additional information in guidelines, references, videos and figures
- Interactive test questions and exams
- Test score overview
- Support via an e-tutor
- A certificate
How it works
The following mentor will support you during your self-study period:
Judith de Lange
Refugee Care[e]Education Treat 'n Care[e]Education
|Target group||Medical doctors and nurses|
|Number of modules||11|
Full course access:
Or when you already have an account and: