Get involved / Vacancies
Health[e]Foundation is a professional organization in Amsterdam, developing and implementing e-learning courses for healthcare workers in developing countries. E-learning courses are offered through our online platform, offline using USB sticks, and as Android application. Our courses are written by renowned experts and we have trained thousands of people around the world. We are looking for a talented digital platform and IT manager who supports Health[e]Foundation in her mission to successfully deliver and further develop these high-quality e-learning courses.
We are hiring
We are looking for a hands-on person to support our IT manager, preferably with understanding of (e)Learning Management Systems and Android-based application development and deployment. In addition, you will support communication between management and outsourced IT-service providers. Do you have experience with debugging and do you like being on top of technical and functional issues? Are you interested in working in an international environment for a good cause? We offer a job in a dynamic organization that thrives on creativeness and freedom to take on problems and continuously improve our website and e-learning tools.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Support in coordination of ongoing IT developments of the platform and Android-app
• Finding creative solutions for e-learning challenges
• Assisting in the administration of training
Technologies you would use:
• Apache webserver + Apache Velocity + SQL
• Titanium Appcelerator Studio
• Unit testing
• Versioning and revision control system
• Ticketing system
Who you are:
• Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
• Strong understanding of OOP/OOD/Functional programming principles
• Knowledge in Android-app development, UI/UX, VTL
• Knowledge in testing of use cases, scripting, aggregation strategy, performance optimization
• Familiar with IT language and web technologies
• Eager to learn new systems and tools
• Flexible yet organized (ad-hoc) problem-solving skills
• Language skills: full professional proficiency (written and verbal) in English and/or Dutch.
Please send inquiries or your CV accompanied by your motivational letter to Marcel Santoso, firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 566 5467 before December 17th, 2018.
Become a volunteer
Are you interested in contributing to our work with your expertise and experience? Are you interested in being part of an energetic team of professionals in the international healthcare field? You can do this by joining our team in a flexible manner: become a volunteer at Health[e]Foundation.
Due to current projects in Francophone countries in Africa, we are especially interested in native French speakers.
Please inquire about possibilities that may suit you via email@example.com.